Bitchin...
Rony has left the country and already its a bad day! Weird coincidence, I guess.
Hey Old Friend. I got a call from my good friend Omar today who is based in Phoenix, Arizona for 6 months. Its funny, you never realize sometimes how much you miss a friend until you get to talking with them again. Actually, its kinda funny... Omar is Louie's ex-officemate, but sometimes he and I talk more than he and Louie. Anyway, it was a wonderful way to start the day. He was telling me about going to San Francisco this weekend and if I wanted him to give anything to my sister who's there. Que sweetness! Hay, good friend, come back to Manila na! Louie and I miss you terribly!
Goodbye again. Louie, Chloe and I had dinner with Rony and our parents at Cravings West Avenue (literally minutes from the house) last night. Suffice it to say, the food was pretty disappointing, although Louie did like his food. I actually told the head lady about it before we left and at least she asked me about which dishes. Anyway, will not be eating there again anytime soon. We all hung out at Starbucks afterwards, which was loads of fun. Rony left this morning, but will be back in June.
Heaven in Boracay. I still need to blog about my first visit to Boracay last weekend. Louie and I went with Rony and Andrei. It was fabulous. I always thought when people talked about it that Boracay was probably overrated. I was dead wrong. It did not disappoint me. Although I did feel the food was kinda pricey. Anyway that's another blog.
Back at Zong. Tuesday night, Louie, Chloe and I attended Rony's dinner at Zong with his friends. It's always interesting seeing Rony's friends -- they're a cool bunch of people. It was great seeing Joshua -- I hadn't been to Zong in a long while because we rarely venture out to Makati. But Zong never disappoints me. I could eat my Zong favorite "Pan Fried Chicken in Salted Egg" all day long!
So here comes the real reason I really needed to blog today.
Sibling annoyance. Since Rony was leaving today, I had to finally go out and look for all this Filipino decor that my sister wanted. (Well, here's how the trail goes... I buy it, Rony brings it to Hong Kong, then lugs it to San Francisco when he visits in two weeks). Anyway, so Louie and I visited Dapitan, visited SM Makati, and couldn't find her stuff except for some colored abaca balls. Granted, Joy had asked me to go two months ago, but how was I to know some of those stores would run out of the Filipino decor she wanted? (For crying out loud, this is the Philippines! Why should we run out of Pinoy decor?) Anyway, so I email her and I get a super taray email back about how I should have bought it before and some more crap.
I resisted the urge to answer back full force because yes, I am at fault, but I will not resist the urge to bitch in my own blog. Bloody hell, Joy saw all this Filipino decor when she came here in January and didn't buy it. We even told her she should already get it. I cannot stand this indecisiveness! She doesn't buy the decor because she's not sure. Indecisiveness. Then she arrives in the States and decides she wants it. Indecisiveness. Then it becomes my bloody problem to find it and buy it for her, my problem to convince Rony to carry a balikbayan box to carry all this crap and my fault if it's out of stock! It's amazing how someone can find a scapegoat for their own indecisiveness halfway around the world.
One of the things that naturally falls on you being the eldest is that you are everyone's IT girl. You need to be the one who make sure everything gets done, everything gets paid, everything gets taken care of, and naturally you get blamed for everything that goes wrong under the sun too. And you know, I've accepted that. Half the time, I don't mind doing stuff for people, particularly family. But damn, I hate it when people are unappreciative it simply means they don't care about your time.
Ever watched Arrested Development? Sometimes I feel like Michael. Except I'm not quite sure who Rony would be...
Baby, baby, baby. So its been three months going on four. I don't feel as crappy anymore, not overwhelmingly tired like before. The food cravings aren't as bad as the first three months either. So things feel fairly normal, except for the fact that some of my old clothes don't fit anymore. Five to six more months. Actually, I really want to know the sex of the baby. :-)
Hey Old Friend. I got a call from my good friend Omar today who is based in Phoenix, Arizona for 6 months. Its funny, you never realize sometimes how much you miss a friend until you get to talking with them again. Actually, its kinda funny... Omar is Louie's ex-officemate, but sometimes he and I talk more than he and Louie. Anyway, it was a wonderful way to start the day. He was telling me about going to San Francisco this weekend and if I wanted him to give anything to my sister who's there. Que sweetness! Hay, good friend, come back to Manila na! Louie and I miss you terribly!
Goodbye again. Louie, Chloe and I had dinner with Rony and our parents at Cravings West Avenue (literally minutes from the house) last night. Suffice it to say, the food was pretty disappointing, although Louie did like his food. I actually told the head lady about it before we left and at least she asked me about which dishes. Anyway, will not be eating there again anytime soon. We all hung out at Starbucks afterwards, which was loads of fun. Rony left this morning, but will be back in June.
Heaven in Boracay. I still need to blog about my first visit to Boracay last weekend. Louie and I went with Rony and Andrei. It was fabulous. I always thought when people talked about it that Boracay was probably overrated. I was dead wrong. It did not disappoint me. Although I did feel the food was kinda pricey. Anyway that's another blog.
Back at Zong. Tuesday night, Louie, Chloe and I attended Rony's dinner at Zong with his friends. It's always interesting seeing Rony's friends -- they're a cool bunch of people. It was great seeing Joshua -- I hadn't been to Zong in a long while because we rarely venture out to Makati. But Zong never disappoints me. I could eat my Zong favorite "Pan Fried Chicken in Salted Egg" all day long!
So here comes the real reason I really needed to blog today.
Sibling annoyance. Since Rony was leaving today, I had to finally go out and look for all this Filipino decor that my sister wanted. (Well, here's how the trail goes... I buy it, Rony brings it to Hong Kong, then lugs it to San Francisco when he visits in two weeks). Anyway, so Louie and I visited Dapitan, visited SM Makati, and couldn't find her stuff except for some colored abaca balls. Granted, Joy had asked me to go two months ago, but how was I to know some of those stores would run out of the Filipino decor she wanted? (For crying out loud, this is the Philippines! Why should we run out of Pinoy decor?) Anyway, so I email her and I get a super taray email back about how I should have bought it before and some more crap.
I resisted the urge to answer back full force because yes, I am at fault, but I will not resist the urge to bitch in my own blog. Bloody hell, Joy saw all this Filipino decor when she came here in January and didn't buy it. We even told her she should already get it. I cannot stand this indecisiveness! She doesn't buy the decor because she's not sure. Indecisiveness. Then she arrives in the States and decides she wants it. Indecisiveness. Then it becomes my bloody problem to find it and buy it for her, my problem to convince Rony to carry a balikbayan box to carry all this crap and my fault if it's out of stock! It's amazing how someone can find a scapegoat for their own indecisiveness halfway around the world.
One of the things that naturally falls on you being the eldest is that you are everyone's IT girl. You need to be the one who make sure everything gets done, everything gets paid, everything gets taken care of, and naturally you get blamed for everything that goes wrong under the sun too. And you know, I've accepted that. Half the time, I don't mind doing stuff for people, particularly family. But damn, I hate it when people are unappreciative it simply means they don't care about your time.
Ever watched Arrested Development? Sometimes I feel like Michael. Except I'm not quite sure who Rony would be...
Baby, baby, baby. So its been three months going on four. I don't feel as crappy anymore, not overwhelmingly tired like before. The food cravings aren't as bad as the first three months either. So things feel fairly normal, except for the fact that some of my old clothes don't fit anymore. Five to six more months. Actually, I really want to know the sex of the baby. :-)
pretty soon it'll be time to take out your maternity clothes again! =) hope you're doing ok with the heat in manila - i hear it's really hot there these days!
Posted by
Pia |
3:10 AM