Waiting for Life to Begin
Its a Monday again. Feeling fairly lazy. But I had a generally terrific weekend and am now broke. Sigh. The irony of it all.
Last Saturday, I went with Louie and his dad who had a meeting with a client in Galleria Suites. Thought I'd hang around Robinson's Galleria since it was on SALE. So I'm there waiting at the steps at around 930am and I decide to sit there waiting... didn't want to spend P95 on a freeze blended drink at Gloria Jeans. Then people slowly arrive and start standing in front of the door (someone actually even tried to open the door) and I'm thinking weird... I mean does it make that much of a difference if you were first to get in or 30th to get in? Its all the same, but the way some people were lined up its like they absolutely had to be in there before anyone else... just a strange observation.
Anyway, I bought Chloe a BRATZ shirt which read "I am beautiful!" (very stage mommy of me) after I chicked out of buying a complete skirt and top outfit for her (also BRATZ) because my practical side decided to kick in (after all, my daughter has ALOT of clothes, some not even worn yet because she doesn't seem to get any bigger). I also got Rony more stuff for his would-be apartment in Hong Kong. More stuff for the kitchen!
We met Omar in the evening and found out that CAFEA here in QC gives you free WI-FI access!!! That is soo cool! I want a laptop just like Omar's!!! Wait, um, I have a pretty nice laptop although it ain't really mine. I should get a WI-FI card though... note to self...
Sunday we woke up bright and early to go to the 168 mall in Divisoria. May I tell you how cheap it is there? I mean designer bags galore like in Greenhills at half the price!!!
I'm always happy when we get great deals... at the mall, at Divisoria, anything. That's actually why I miss the States so much. Louie and I were always such excellent bargain hunters over there (example folks... I bought my Ann Taylor business suite for 45 dollars!) and it was always such a great feeling afterwards. Locally, there are sales, but heck nothing quite as "oh my God!" as outlet deals.
I wouldn't be me if I didn't brag about Chloe. My little girl is all growed up.
Rony leaves in 2 weeks. I don't know if it just hasn't quite it me yet... he's practically one of my best friends (because who elso can you bitch to about your mother who ACTUALLY KNOWS WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT? ) He was in the Inquirier yesterday you know... am so proud... I was actually mentioned in the article too ( I was one of the sisters who were "aghast" at his appearance on Live with Martin Nievera!) Anyway, he's here for two weeks, I guess I'll cry when we bring him to the airport...
Joy updated her Phlog with pictures... wow, Joy, I tell you, its like seeing Midland-Bay City-Saginaw all over again. It looks so similar! Shit. I miss the States.
I'm waiting for business to take off... and I want it so badly. I want all the great things to happen now... and yet I know I have to have faith that "God knows my schedule." (As Rony so loves to put it). Its not that I want to move out of my in-laws house (because I love living there actually). Its not that I want to be rich quickly either. Its just that I feel there is still so much to prove... to me anyway. I'm not sure if anyone out there understands it really.
Ramblings of a 30-year old. Sigh. It's like I'm "waiting for life to begin" (ah, Ti Moune)... oh well. Maybe I should buy another fake bag... (padampam)
Last Saturday, I went with Louie and his dad who had a meeting with a client in Galleria Suites. Thought I'd hang around Robinson's Galleria since it was on SALE. So I'm there waiting at the steps at around 930am and I decide to sit there waiting... didn't want to spend P95 on a freeze blended drink at Gloria Jeans. Then people slowly arrive and start standing in front of the door (someone actually even tried to open the door) and I'm thinking weird... I mean does it make that much of a difference if you were first to get in or 30th to get in? Its all the same, but the way some people were lined up its like they absolutely had to be in there before anyone else... just a strange observation.
Anyway, I bought Chloe a BRATZ shirt which read "I am beautiful!" (very stage mommy of me) after I chicked out of buying a complete skirt and top outfit for her (also BRATZ) because my practical side decided to kick in (after all, my daughter has ALOT of clothes, some not even worn yet because she doesn't seem to get any bigger). I also got Rony more stuff for his would-be apartment in Hong Kong. More stuff for the kitchen!
We met Omar in the evening and found out that CAFEA here in QC gives you free WI-FI access!!! That is soo cool! I want a laptop just like Omar's!!! Wait, um, I have a pretty nice laptop although it ain't really mine. I should get a WI-FI card though... note to self...
Sunday we woke up bright and early to go to the 168 mall in Divisoria. May I tell you how cheap it is there? I mean designer bags galore like in Greenhills at half the price!!!
I loved it, and I bought 3 bags (Benetton, Channel and one other fake brand hee hee ) and it was only P740 for three gorgeous bags! And fake sunglasses at 3 for a hundred? (there are even more expensive ones at like P120 each if youLouie and I also bought Chloe some nice stretch sandoes and sunglasses, while we got tool gadgets and lots of material for Rony (we're having clothes made for him before he leaves.) It was truly a fun experience. The airconditioning was strong so it was quite cool. "I loved it every moment, dahling!" (in Incredibles edna mode voice)
want the more "pricey" ones. ) I was in heaven!!!
I'm always happy when we get great deals... at the mall, at Divisoria, anything. That's actually why I miss the States so much. Louie and I were always such excellent bargain hunters over there (example folks... I bought my Ann Taylor business suite for 45 dollars!) and it was always such a great feeling afterwards. Locally, there are sales, but heck nothing quite as "oh my God!" as outlet deals.
I wouldn't be me if I didn't brag about Chloe. My little girl is all growed up.
Rony leaves in 2 weeks. I don't know if it just hasn't quite it me yet... he's practically one of my best friends (because who elso can you bitch to about your mother who ACTUALLY KNOWS WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT? ) He was in the Inquirier yesterday you know... am so proud... I was actually mentioned in the article too ( I was one of the sisters who were "aghast" at his appearance on Live with Martin Nievera!) Anyway, he's here for two weeks, I guess I'll cry when we bring him to the airport...
Joy updated her Phlog with pictures... wow, Joy, I tell you, its like seeing Midland-Bay City-Saginaw all over again. It looks so similar! Shit. I miss the States.
I'm waiting for business to take off... and I want it so badly. I want all the great things to happen now... and yet I know I have to have faith that "God knows my schedule." (As Rony so loves to put it). Its not that I want to move out of my in-laws house (because I love living there actually). Its not that I want to be rich quickly either. Its just that I feel there is still so much to prove... to me anyway. I'm not sure if anyone out there understands it really.
Ramblings of a 30-year old. Sigh. It's like I'm "waiting for life to begin" (ah, Ti Moune)... oh well. Maybe I should buy another fake bag... (padampam)