« Home | I've never seen guys use packing tape so quickly! ... » | All part of the afternoon...Posted by AngelFace » | I love PACKERS! » | I love Chloe in orange... » | One Fine Day... Well Not So Much Fine, as Humdrum... » | My little Chloe Bear » | Happy Thoughts Today » | Our matching phones! » | We Can Never Go Back to Before » | My favorite picture so far... » 

Saturday, July 09, 2005 

I Am Going to Like It Here

I'm going to like it here.
There is something about the place,
An encouraging atmosphere,
Like a smile on a friendly face.
There is something about the place,
So caressing and warm it is.
Like a smile on a friendly face,
Like a port in a storm it is.

Yes, folks, we're in Rony's apartment in Hong Kong! Its slowly taking shape with furniture coming in from here and there, but we're keeping our fingers crossed that everything when put together will look fabulous!

I've been in Hong Kong since Tuesday night. Its been a great experience -- particularly different, since in all the I don't know, um twenty, trips to Hong Kong we made as children, we never once went to Discovery Bay. Or anywhere out of Tsim Sha Tsui, I think. It's brought back a lot of great memories of travelling to Hong Kong though and I'm glad I now have a reason to come here more often.

Louie and I have been shopping for stuff for Rony's apartment and having a fab time. I think we're both craving to have our own space to decorate (we live with his parents), so yes, the decorating has been quite a thrill. Thanks Rony for giving us the chance to live the dream for a while.

We had dinner with Rony, Gerwin and Charlie last night and it was so fun catching up on old times. Its so weird how small the world really is. We were all in the LaSallian, but Gerwin and Charlie work at Global Sources (hello, which is where I had my first job). Then of course, it turns out one of Charlie's friends knows Sheila who is Rony's pinoy friend at Disney. Then of course, Gerwin was classmates with Alexis, who is Andrei's older brother. It was very Kevin Bacon!

Furniture comes in today and I'm in the apartment waiting for Rony, Louie and the truck. This whole furniture delivery thing is Hong Kong is very weird. I think Louie and Rony are somewhere in mid China by now just to get the furniture. We're passing by someone's apartment here in Dbay to pick up a nice dining table and bookshelves.

I so miss Chloe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gotta buy her those toys she asked for!

Well, gotta run to Lizzie's place to get the dining table. Catcha later!

Defying Gravity is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.