We Can Never Go Back to Before
So, its been an interesting past couple of weeks with both siblings out of the country. I miss you both ALOT. Really. But I'm also really glad that we've all made the effort to still be there -- probably more now than before. Three snaps for the Fortich trio!
First of all, I'm still so swamped with work! I never realized doing your business meant you actually did more work than if you worked for someone else. While I am very glad that I seem to have full control of my time (i.e. I can NOT work for half a day to attend to someone's stuff to send out), it seems that I merely have alot more time to work! Now I know how my friend Z felt. Haha, the irony of it all.
Louie is bathing Chloe upstairs as I scribble a few notes in my long-outdated blog. Ever since we talked about a month ago about him helping out more, he actually HAS. I'm very happy about that. Not because it means I do less really. It means that Chloe and Louie get to bond a bit more, and that's what I really want. :-)
More Chloe Stories here. Gosh, I love that kid. She so makes all the work worthwhile.
I have still not mastered the full awesomeness of my new phone. But, I have stopped treating like the sofa wrapped in plastic.
Monster Update: Mom and I are back in truce mode again, after she infuriated me about a king sized bed earlier this week. I really don't understand the woman. Don't think I ever will. Can you imagine... after fighting with me the other night about this bed, I get a text the next day that reads, "You mad at me? Louie and I r friends. maybe in my next life, we can be friends then." What a strange person. Then when I was at Times yesterday waiting for the freight people, she was unusually nice, gave me earrings she'd "made", and overall, she was eerily pleasant. Maybe its her medication. Then she pops the question, "If you're going to Hong Kong, can Chloe stay with me during the time you're away?" My answer" "Sure! If you don't fight with me up until I leave for Hong Kong..."
Business seems to be picking up as more and more applicants sign on for deployment. I'm overjoyed at the prospects, but always worried about something. Again, it must be part of the entrepreneur syndrome.
I am thoroughly excited at the prospect of traveling again. Going to Hong Kong to decorate Rony's apartment. Possibly going to the US to attend a conference and hanging with Joy. Yahoo!
Travelling is one of the things both Louie and I love to do and I think we both miss it back from our Midland days when we were fairly footloose and fancy free (despite minimum wage in the US). There are moments where I think back to that time and long for it so badly... I mean I wouldn't change what I have now - the subdued luxury, Chloe, and being near the Philippines. But God, do I miss Midland and how life seemed so simple back then. I get teary-eyed thinking about it. And I tell this to everyone about our life in Midland. There, it really did seem like OUR life - despite the collect calls from my mother to argue about Rony. It was a different simplicity which I can't ever hope for here in Manila. Don't get me wrong - I don't hate my life now. I just miss what used to be.
Ok, now I'm getting sentimental. Somebody slap me.
First of all, I'm still so swamped with work! I never realized doing your business meant you actually did more work than if you worked for someone else. While I am very glad that I seem to have full control of my time (i.e. I can NOT work for half a day to attend to someone's stuff to send out), it seems that I merely have alot more time to work! Now I know how my friend Z felt. Haha, the irony of it all.
Louie is bathing Chloe upstairs as I scribble a few notes in my long-outdated blog. Ever since we talked about a month ago about him helping out more, he actually HAS. I'm very happy about that. Not because it means I do less really. It means that Chloe and Louie get to bond a bit more, and that's what I really want. :-)
More Chloe Stories here. Gosh, I love that kid. She so makes all the work worthwhile.
I have still not mastered the full awesomeness of my new phone. But, I have stopped treating like the sofa wrapped in plastic.
Louie and I bought matching cellphone covers (yes, cheesy, I know) from 168 mall in Divisoria.And now, I'm not so worried about the cover getting all scratched. I am still deathly careful about letting Chloe hold it for fear she'll drop it and I'll have to beg Louie again to let me buy a new phone! hahaha... But anyway, the functionality of the phone is great, its practically a PDA!
Monster Update: Mom and I are back in truce mode again, after she infuriated me about a king sized bed earlier this week. I really don't understand the woman. Don't think I ever will. Can you imagine... after fighting with me the other night about this bed, I get a text the next day that reads, "You mad at me? Louie and I r friends. maybe in my next life, we can be friends then." What a strange person. Then when I was at Times yesterday waiting for the freight people, she was unusually nice, gave me earrings she'd "made", and overall, she was eerily pleasant. Maybe its her medication. Then she pops the question, "If you're going to Hong Kong, can Chloe stay with me during the time you're away?" My answer" "Sure! If you don't fight with me up until I leave for Hong Kong..."
Business seems to be picking up as more and more applicants sign on for deployment. I'm overjoyed at the prospects, but always worried about something. Again, it must be part of the entrepreneur syndrome.
I am thoroughly excited at the prospect of traveling again. Going to Hong Kong to decorate Rony's apartment. Possibly going to the US to attend a conference and hanging with Joy. Yahoo!
Travelling is one of the things both Louie and I love to do and I think we both miss it back from our Midland days when we were fairly footloose and fancy free (despite minimum wage in the US). There are moments where I think back to that time and long for it so badly... I mean I wouldn't change what I have now - the subdued luxury, Chloe, and being near the Philippines. But God, do I miss Midland and how life seemed so simple back then. I get teary-eyed thinking about it. And I tell this to everyone about our life in Midland. There, it really did seem like OUR life - despite the collect calls from my mother to argue about Rony. It was a different simplicity which I can't ever hope for here in Manila. Don't get me wrong - I don't hate my life now. I just miss what used to be.
Ok, now I'm getting sentimental. Somebody slap me.
Excellent, love it! 100 refinancing united kingdom shemale clubs atlanta canon 700 laser printer Blackberry 6510 usb software make your own sauna Goodman heating and cooling unit parts propane heaters What ingredients are in adderall H3 hummer rental atlanta Canon cartridges colorado Residential geothermal heating systems Newengland metal and hardcore festival Anode water heater digital print porsche sounds Land rover sector shaft needle bearing
Posted by
Anonymous |
2:42 PM