Not a Day Goes By
So, its been a week since Rony left for Hong Kong. Miss him alot - but strangely find I talk or text him just as often as when he was in Manila! Fancy that. Actually the same thing happened when Joy left, except that I actually don't text her all that much when she's in Manila to begin with. See what distance does!
I haven't had time to update this blog (or Chloe's blog for that matter ) in the past couple of weeks! So many things have been going on... Rony's departure (we had to run around and do so many things), my client from the US came in to visit for a few days, I got sick, and now I'm swamped with work from not working 100% last week! Argh! Its all piling up!
Last weekend, there were two parties we attended. First of all, it was Louie's dad's birthday last Saturday so we had a luncheon with relatives at a nearby cafe. Yummy food! Then on Sunday, it was the farewell despidida of our aunt and uncle from San Francisco, CA who have been in Manila since December! There's just been so much food, how is a girl to diet?
Oh, did I mention that the people at GLOBE gave me a new phone? I got this great mailer where they told me they were going to give me like ALOT of credit that could go towards a new phone. Now everyone knows I've had the same phone since forever and any change in my phone is only attributed to my mother-in-law (who bless her soul, lets me exchange my old phone with her old phone when she buys a new phone). I've never bought my own phone -- my mom bought my first one, my mom-in-law gave me my second one and its been exchanges with her phone ever since. So now I have one that's really really something we bought (although seriously seriously discounted). Thanks to Louie for agreeing to add some money to get a higher end phone.
Don't get me wrong.
Monster Mom Update: Um, we are apparently on some kind of truce. She's been unusually nice to me and Louie since a little before Rony left. Then again, she hadn't really seen Chloe in weeks, so maybe that's why she was so nice. Even Louie was a little weirded out. But enough said. If its a truce, then I shall honor it and not write any crap about here in my blog.
On a likewise positive note, Chloe's been wonderful lately. Lots of new pictures and stories about Chloe in her blog. She's been talking and talking and talking... much like the energizer bunny.
Been going to the gym a bit more often now, but not as consistently as I would like. I wasn't that into it before, but now find, it is a great opportunity to catch up on reading the newspaper. Which I love to do on the treadmill. Also I noticed minor muscle tone on my arms and legs (eek, I'm so vain and turning into Joy!), but that's enough incentive for me to try to get to the gym more! Louie's doing great too! I only wish there were more hours in a day... to work, to go to the gym, to spend time with Louie and Chloe... sigh.
Well that's quite a novel I've got in here. Catcha y'all later. Miss you Rony! Miss you Joy!
I haven't had time to update this blog (or Chloe's blog for that matter ) in the past couple of weeks! So many things have been going on... Rony's departure (we had to run around and do so many things), my client from the US came in to visit for a few days, I got sick, and now I'm swamped with work from not working 100% last week! Argh! Its all piling up!
Last weekend, there were two parties we attended. First of all, it was Louie's dad's birthday last Saturday so we had a luncheon with relatives at a nearby cafe. Yummy food! Then on Sunday, it was the farewell despidida of our aunt and uncle from San Francisco, CA who have been in Manila since December! There's just been so much food, how is a girl to diet?
Oh, did I mention that the people at GLOBE gave me a new phone? I got this great mailer where they told me they were going to give me like ALOT of credit that could go towards a new phone. Now everyone knows I've had the same phone since forever and any change in my phone is only attributed to my mother-in-law (who bless her soul, lets me exchange my old phone with her old phone when she buys a new phone). I've never bought my own phone -- my mom bought my first one, my mom-in-law gave me my second one and its been exchanges with her phone ever since. So now I have one that's really really something we bought (although seriously seriously discounted). Thanks to Louie for agreeing to add some money to get a higher end phone.
Don't get me wrong.
I'm not one of those people who define themselves by what their phone is (Not that there's anything wrong with that, for those of you who do!) But I'm just so happy about it. [Eek, I sound like a Katie Holmes gushing over Tom Cruise, yuck! That's scary].In fact, I was so torn last week because Rony was leaving on the same day the phone arrived! It's like I wanted the day to get here but not! And then of course, by the time he left, I got sick and then the work piled up. I wanted to play with my phone, but there's never the time, never the place! Oh well.
Monster Mom Update: Um, we are apparently on some kind of truce. She's been unusually nice to me and Louie since a little before Rony left. Then again, she hadn't really seen Chloe in weeks, so maybe that's why she was so nice. Even Louie was a little weirded out. But enough said. If its a truce, then I shall honor it and not write any crap about here in my blog.
On a likewise positive note, Chloe's been wonderful lately. Lots of new pictures and stories about Chloe in her blog. She's been talking and talking and talking... much like the energizer bunny.
Been going to the gym a bit more often now, but not as consistently as I would like. I wasn't that into it before, but now find, it is a great opportunity to catch up on reading the newspaper. Which I love to do on the treadmill. Also I noticed minor muscle tone on my arms and legs (eek, I'm so vain and turning into Joy!), but that's enough incentive for me to try to get to the gym more! Louie's doing great too! I only wish there were more hours in a day... to work, to go to the gym, to spend time with Louie and Chloe... sigh.
Well that's quite a novel I've got in here. Catcha y'all later. Miss you Rony! Miss you Joy!