I've Been Passing Time Watching Trains Go By...
We actually haven't gotten anything ready yet for the baby. We bought supplies and all... well, mostly boy baby clothes because we didn't have any. About a year and a half ago, we bought small baby bottles (with blue caps) on sale in anticipation of the next kid (we figured if it was a girl, we could give em as gifts). Most of the furniture we bought for Chloe could be considered unisex (well, actually, it's all dark blue) -- stroller, infant car seat, high chair, playpen, etc. -- so luckily no need to buy extra stuff in that department.
So how will things be different with this next kid? Well, thanks to Louie, Charmaine, Raquel, Gerby, and a couple of other friends - I'll be attempting to breastfeed exclusively. Why? Alot of reasons I guess. Firstly, I noticed that the on-and-off breastfeeding I did with Chloe did her some good -- she gets sick ALOT less than other completely nonbreastfed kids that I know. I figure it's because of that. Second, I know it's cheaper too (even if I had to buy a breast pump). Lastly, it'll help me lose all this pregnancy weight (pretty important thing, I think). Let's see how long I last with this breastfeeding thing. For you men out there, it's not the peaceful painless experience you see in the commercials. I'm sure Louie is gonna make me stick it out though since we already spent on the freakin breast pump...Anyway, at least 6 more weeks to go. Although doc told me I could give birth as early as Sept 4. I'm trying to remember the god-awful pain of childbirth and praying it lasts as long as it did with Chloe (all of 3 hours). I don't think I could take extended, drawn-out labor. Argh. I'm also trying to remember how much we spent last time... which was roughly in the range of P60,000. Ouch.
So here's to the next six weeks!