Baby Talk
- I've been giving breast milk to Cole on a pretty consistent basis (as in, it's all he drinks except for the occasional one bottle of infant formula!)
- I had a rather nasty bout with some virus which landed me in the hospital for a week.
- We had Cole's baptism last October 28 at the Filipinas Heritage Library and it was absolutely fabulous (thanks Charmaine and Ron!).
- Both Chloe and Cole have gotten some really bad cold and cough which necessitated antibiotics, since it was apparently getting into their lungs.
- Now I have the freakin' cough and cold that requires the antibiotics because it's also gone down into my lungs.
- Rony's back in town, Louie's in Singapore for a trade show.
I thought I'd blog today because I found something total interesting which might enlighten some moms out there. This one lady in Australia researched baby language and identified five sets of sounds associated with a particular need. How is this remotely helpful? It helps moms identify why the baby is crying before the baby gets all hysterical!
I'm not sure how valid it is, but it sure made alot of sense. Maybe I can see how it works with Cole for those middle-of-the-night cries that I sometimes can't figure out.
Check it out on Oprah: http://www2.oprah.com/tows/slide/200611/20061113/slide_20061113_350_101.jhtml
Hey, if it helps me understand my kid better and stop that crying, I'm all for it. Not that Cole really cries all that much. He's quite the calm baby.
I read in so many books and website about how you shouldn't compare your kids and I'm thinking, how could you not? Especially when they're so freakin' different! Chloe was such a handful (either that, or I was such a newbie). Cole is so much more laid-back.
By the way folks, my friend Charmaine (and her partner Rica) are in the bazaar scene this Christmas selling the most adorable (and reasonably priced) infant wear. Brussel Sprouts for fun, fabulous, and functional clothing for kids! Check out Cole's website to see him in some of their casual wear! (I can't believe my 2.5 month old son fits in these 6-12 months clothing! He's so batchoy!)Happy Holidays folks!