« Home | The Ring » | Baby Talk » | Our Happy Family » | The Birth » | Exiled to Bed » | I've Been Passing Time Watching Trains Go By... » | American Idol - Philippine Style » | Scary » | What's Wrong with our Government? » | Monster-In-Law » 

Friday, December 15, 2006 

Birthday Blues


It was my birthday yesterday. I'm ugh... 32. The sad thing is, I can actually remember my Mom was she was 32, so somehow it makes me feel really old.


It was rather low-key -- not that I ever have a huge bash or anything -- but I wonder if it comes with getting older. Or maybe it's just this December in particular where everything feels so blah. What is it about this year?!?


I ended the evening with dinner at Segafredo with Louie, Mirzi, Jon and Sheila, and Jacque who was in town from Singapore for a wedding. Great food, great company, awful awful traffic!!!


Reflections at 32:


  • That I'm lucky to have Louie - he's my best friend and a terrific dad to Chloe and Cole.

  • That I have a great family - both Fortich and Laparan. And I never saw it more than when I was hospitalized last October for some nasty virus.

  • That I have terrific friends - in all places in the world, apparently.

  • That I'm blessed to be who I am and where I am.

So while I may bitch alot about life, I really and truly am blessed. :-) I'm a little worried about getting older (vain person that I am), but hey, I hear the 40 is the new 30 (or whatever crap that was). So here's to aging gracefully!

Hey Angel! Happy Birthday :-) Love that you keep your blogs updated. Did you get my text on your birthday? I also texted you a couple of times before that. Rex and I will be flying home this Thursday so I hope we can get together sometime after Jan 1st. Call you when we arrive. Love, MARA

Post a Comment

Defying Gravity is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.